Educating Against Online Scames
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have I been Scammed?

Go down

Have I been Scammed? Empty Have I been Scammed?

Post by Admin Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:50 am

To find out if you have been scammed there are many things you can look for, but it depends on the context of the scam.

If you have emails you can take quotes of those emails (a couple sentences) and search for them on google.com I use google.com because they seem to index the web a lot more frequently then any other search engine I have found. If a lot of results come up for those lines, chances are you have been scammed.

If you don't find any results there, search for the email address (before the yahoo or hotmail or gmail) ex: allen4871@yahoo.com look for just allen4871 Did different names come up associated with this odd name/number mix? If so you have been duped, but to be sure keep going through this list.

Do you have a picture of said scammer? Awesome if you do! You can right click on most photo's online and go to copy image url . Then go to google.com and click on the top where it says images. Then paste (control and v) the url you copied into the search bar and click the magnifying glass. When the new page comes up click on search by image. Did other names come up in your search? Did scam websites come up? If so then I am sorry to say you have been scammed. Sometimes photos do not come up so I urge you to look up more than one photo.

Did the person you were talking to state they have to go to Nigeria or Africa on business? Do they need money to get out because they are stuck in customs? Are they being held for ransom in Nigeria? I urge you if any of these situations have occured to cease contact.

If you are unsure of if you have been scammed or not after following these steps please by all means private message me on here with links to the person and I can look for you.

Also, you can get their IP address and see if it has been connected with scams in the past. Scammers don't always use the same story line, and will often try to scam you more than once, getting more and more detailed every time, but one thing that doesn't normally change is their location.

Admin
Admin

https://eaos.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum